Available widths 24’, 30’ and 41.5’
- Meets NGMA engineering standards
- The ideal structure when you can open your roof completely
- Utilizes the ability to allow beneficial UVs while roof is open and filters harmful UV when the roof is closed
- Retractable roof and roll up sidewalls allow for passive cooling
- Custom engineered for high wind though not ideal for heavy snow loads
- Great house for desert applications
- Ideal for commercial applications with gutter connected options
- Available with FFG’s AutoFlowerer automated light deprivation kit with manual override
- Retractable roofs afford the benefits of the natural outdoors and a greenhouse environment while avoiding the negatives of each
- The higher yields of retractable roof greenhouses allow the grower to build fewer acres while still maintaining the same overall yield
- Can be built in warmer climates where land is cheaper since cooling is no longer a limiting factor and heating is not necessary
- It may not be necessary to install horizontal air flow fans since the opening of the walls and roof allows the wind to circulate more effectively
- One motor can power up to 1.2 acres of Retractable roof making for extremely low energy consumption
Growers using retractable roof greenhouses have experienced a:
- 50%- 100% reduction in fungicide usage.
- 50%- 100% reduction in growth regulator usage.
- 10% – 100% reduction in pesticide usage.
- 50%-100% reductions in herbicide usage